Nintendo NX Will Support 4K According To Latest Leaks
Reddit user UntypedHero, who seems to have an inside track having previously posted that the NX has x86 architecture, posted a wealth of info about the console, including its 4K capabilities.
According to a now deleted post:
- The retail name for the NX is unknown to developers (or they are holding back). I’ve asked multiple sources.
- I know of at least 1 third-party Wii U game that has/have been successfully ported to NX.
- Amiibo are still supported (if you hadn’t already guessed).
- Friend codes are still a thing (unfortunately).
- I don’t know when the NX will be announced. Speculation is this month.
- There are multiple “gimmicks” with the NX, one is optional.
- There are physical dev-kits out in the wild, I don’t have access to these.
- I don’t know the model of the GPU, however there is little doubt (from what I’ve been told) that it an AMD.
- The NX is capable of outputting 4k. Consensus is upscaling and streaming.
- DDR4 Memory (between 6GB – 8GB). EDIT: Available to software.
Nintendo is yet to reveal anything about the NX console, so it will be interesting to see how these rumors stack up against the official specs. We expect to hear more about the console at this year’s E3.
#Nintendo NX Will Support 4K According To Latest Leaks