PS4 Fans Discover Hidden PS4 Firmware 3.50 Features
A group of PS4 owners who have installed the console’s 3.50 firmware update have discovered a range of new tweaks and features not previously announced
According to unofficial patch notes compiled by a Reddit user who goes by the name ‘IceBreak’, the 3.50 system software update introduces a number of undocumented changes. Chief among them is the return of the USB music player, a feature that was expunged from the console in September, which allows users to play music files on their PS4 whilst playing games at the same time.
Among these are the ability to appear offline, notifications for when friends come online, the ability to scheduled events, and remote play for PC and Mac. The full list of updates can be found below.
- Appear Offline: On your Profile tab, Quick Menu and login screen, we’ve added a new option called ‘Online Status.’ From here, you can choose to ‘Appear Offline.’ This could be useful if, for example, you want to fully concentrate on your game or watch a movie without interruption. You will remain ‘offline’ until you chose to change your setting. Don’t forget to turn it back on to fully experience your PS4.
- Friend Online Notification: Now you can choose to get notified when your friends come online. To receive notifications, access your Friends profile, press Options, and select ‘Notify When Online.’ For quick management of your entire Friends list choose to ‘Select All’ or ‘Deselect All’ of your friends via Settings > Notifications.
- User Scheduled Events: On the Events tab, we’re adding the ability to schedule gameplay sessions with your friends. Just select ‘Create Event,’ and you’ll be able to make an invitation for an upcoming gameplay session. Choose the day, time, game, and send it to individual friends or a Group. When your event starts, users who registered will automatically be added to a Party so you can start playing right away. You can also share an event to a Community. Once shared, the event will be posted to the Community wall and members can register from there. User Scheduled Events can also be created in the PS App.
- Play Together: This feature allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.
- Remote Play (PC and Mac): With this update, we’re expanding PS4’s Remote Play capabilities to work with PC and Mac giving you more freedom and flexibility to play your PS4. Remote Play is compatible with the following system software: Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or later, OS X 10.10, OS X 10.11. The following resolutions and framerate options are available, depending on your internet bandwidth: Resolution options: 360p, 540p, 720p, Default resolution–540p, Frame rate: Standard (30fps), High (60fps), Default frame rate–Standard (30fps).
- Broadcast: You now have the option to broadcast to Dailymotion.
- Social Improvements: Share your friends’ best moments to your feed for everyone to see…spread the glory. You can also tag players when you Share videos and screenshots to Facebook and Twitter, make sure your friends don’t miss out on any of your great gaming moments.
- PSN Status: To quickly check the status of the PlayStation Network Services, you can view this via Settings > Network.
- Teen Account Creation: Teens (aged 13 – 17 years) can now create their own account and start playing in offline mode until parents approve the account and complete the parental control set up at their leisure.
- PlayStation Plus Hub: Plus members can now enjoy easy access and management of their online storage. You can also see from your PS Plus Games which of your friends also play your monthly Plus games.
#PS4 Fans Discover Hidden PS4 Firmware 3.50 Features