Gaming Mouse With An OLED Screen
CES 2016 today, gaming peripherals company SteelSeries announced what it’s calling a first-of-its-kind “smart” gaming mouse. Called the Rival 700, the mouse’s standout feature is an OLED display–SteelSeries says it’s the first gaming mouse ever to feature a “fully customizable onboard OLED display.”
The tactile alerts should offer benefits, too, SteelSeries says.
“With tactile alerts, the mouse is no longer merely an input device; gamers can now feel in-game events, aiding them in critical decision-making,” the company said. “The Rival 700 generates tactile alerts that notify the gamer of in-game events without affecting precision or accuracy. Gamers can customize every aspect of the alerts for in-game events such as cooldown timers, health status and more through SteelSeries Engine.”
Here are some other key features for the Rival 700, as written by SteelSeries:
- Like all SteelSeries Rival mice, the Rival 700 has zero hardware acceleration and an optical sensor that offers gamers true 1:1 tracking accuracy.
- Gamers can configure resolution settings up to 16,000 counts per inch (CPI) and down to one millisecond of customizable response time, equaling zero lag time.
- The sensor has the ability to accurately track movement speeds of up to 300 inches per second at 50g of acceleration.
- The Rival 700 has a removable sensor module, allowing gamers to swap to a laser sensor or other future options.
- GameSense and Prism RGB illumination give gamers the power to choose millions of color options and customizable lighting effects powered by in-game events.
- The mouse cover is swappable to ones with different designs and surfaces.
- The Rival 700 is packaged with a 3ft rubber cable and a 6ft braided cable for gamers who choose to game on their laptop or desktop.
- Swappable sensors provide gamers the option to change to the latest sensors on the market without purchasing a brand new mouse.
- OLED display allows gamers to personalize the Rival 700 with logos and custom in-game settings.
The Rival 700 will launch this coming spring for $100. Sensor and mouse covers will also be available to buy at that time, though pricing was not announced. More details on the Rival 700 mouse are available here on the SteelSeries website.
#Gaming Mouse With An OLED Screen