Destiny update 2.0 from Bungie
Bungie has taken to its weekly update to offer a preview of Destiny update 2.0 that’s due to hit ahead of upcoming expansion on September 8, ushering in Year 2 of Bungie’s sci-fi massive multiplayer game.
The 2.0 update will require 18GB of hard drive space on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and 10GB on Xbox 360. PlayStation 3 users will require 20GB, and only 10GB once the update is installed. While full patch notes will be released next week
According to this week’s Bungie update, a Crucible Preview Event will take place from September 8 to 14 and current Vanguard/Crucible marks will now convert into faction commendations on September 15.
The Moments of Triumph have been extended to September 14 at 11:59 p.m. PDT. Bungie reminds players that Moments of Triumph are tied to active characters, so deleting a character now may hinder progress. It’s recommended to wait until you’ve secured your Emblem before deleting Guardians.
Destiny fans will be able to dig into upcoming King’s Fall Raid on Friday, September 18 at 10:00 a.m. PT. The developer told IGN during PAX Prime that the new raid won’t launch alongside The Taken King expansion on day one of its launch on September 15 at 2:00 a.m. PT.
Bungie’s update 2.0 patch preview follows.:
- Character Level Cap for all players will be raised to 34
- Level Cap for The Taken King will be 40
- You will be able to level up by gaining XP alone
- Character Level and Light are now separate statistics
- Your Character Level will be grandfathered into your highest possible Light Level from all gear in your inventory and vault
- Attack and Defense ratings for armor and weapons will be translated to the new systems – their power levels will be unchanged
- Grimoire Score has been moved from the Character Nameplate and now displays in the Character Screen
- A Quest Screen will be added to your Menu
- Tracks all active Quests
- Abandoned Quests can be recovered in the Hall of Guardians
- Year One Activities have been converted to the Quest system
- Bounty slots will be increased to 16
- Incomplete Year One Bounties will be auto-abandoned on 09/08 in preparation for launch of The Taken King
- Incomplete Year One Exotic Bounties are auto-completed with their respective Vendors
- Year One bounties issues by Eris will be retired
- Reputation with Crota’s Bane can continue to be earned by completing Quests in The Taken King
- Collections have been added to the Tower
- Emblems/Shaders can be found near Eva Lavante
- Ships can be found near Amanda Holliday
- Exotic Armor and Weapon Blueprint added to the Tower
- You will now have the Blueprint for all Exotics you own in your Collection
- Report to the Vanguard in the Hall of Guardians
- Motes of Light will be used to grant XP to Weapons and Armor
- Class-specific Armor materials will be deprecated in favor of a unified Armor Material
- Vanguard Quartermaster, Roni-9940, will exchange old materials for armor material [Update: This change takes effect on 09/15]
Weapons & Armor
Revised Sandbox balance will be in effect, based on our previous analysis
Fallen Wolf Hunt Patrols will retreat in anticipation of the arrival of Oryx in your solar system
The Elder Cipher
The Elder Cipher will no longer drop upon completion of the Skolas Challenge Arena in the Prison of Elders. The Exotic items offered with the Elder Cipher will now have a chance to drop from the Prison of Elders Treasure Chest.
GOT A NEWS OR A TIP OR WANT TO JOIN US